Thursday 8 January 2009

New Year, new journey

Happy New Year!

The year ended the way I wanted to...quietly, without celebration and with the one I love - albeit without the cat!

After 25 years of doing what others wanted I had a night that I planned to be normal and not full of hype. And so by 11pm we were asleep, only barely aware of the fireworks going off like the the next Battle of Britain. What was interesting was that we both wondered in this current financial climate, how much money was being sent up in smoke and sparks. How much could have been spent on the essentials, bread, milk, children's clothes for school?

But the best part was Ms Other Journey and her beloved feline moving in with me...on the condition that we start running (and not just for the bus either) so we get fit together. Small price to pay though!

In an additional bid to get out and meet people I joined Gay Abandon and at the same time signed up for Salsa dancing classes so it really is a new me! So combined with singing, dancing, my application to return to University and arranging a trip to see my friend in Kenya, it looks like it is shaping up to be an interesting year.

Bring it on!